Wednesday, November 2, 2016

My Space is Full











I need to sit down and
write, and get rid of piles of
stuff on and off line that
clutters my space, the space
where everything happens.
Except it doesn't.
There can be nothing in the
way, nothing in my ears,
nothing in my eye, not
even a mote, and nothing
up my sleeve, no tricks
and no treats spilling
out for those i wish
were striking my pinata
and trying to bust me open.
But those people no longer
come out swinging when
I'm hanging around, so
instead I eat cream cheese
sandwiches and type complete
sentences of tripe into a
non-distraction environment
that's distracting me from
the fact that the one I'd
rather be writing for will
never read this anyway.
And no, you aren't the one.
My space is already empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment