Friday, April 26, 2013

You Set Me Free - Psalm 128 (129)



PSALM 128 (129)
A song of ascents.


         Many a time have they fought against me from my youth up,
may Israel now say;
         Many a time have they fought against me from my youth up;
yet they have not prevailed against me.
         The sinners wrought upon my back,
they prolonged their iniquity.
         The Lord is righteous;
He hath cut asunder the necks of the wicked.
         Let them all be ashamed and turned back that hate Sion.
         Let them be as the grass upon the housetops,
which withereth afore it is uprooted.
         Wherewith the reaper filleth not his hand,
nor he that gathereth sheaves his bosom.
         Neither have they which go by said,
The blessing of the Lord be upon you;
we have blessed you in the name of the Lord.





The plowers they plowed upon my back
And long they made their furrows
Many a time from my youth up
Have they been my oppressors


O righteous Lord
You've set me free
And cut the cords that bound me
From enemies
Who hated me
O Lord you set me free


The haters of God may they be shamed
Dry up and quickly wither
May those who meet them on the road
Give them no blessing either


O righteous Lord
You've set me free
And cut the cords that bound me
From enemies
Who hated me
O Lord you set me free


No comments:

Post a Comment