Monday, April 29, 2013

The Sake of Messiah - Psalm 131 (132)



PSALM 131 (132)
A song of ascents.


        Lord, remember David and all his meekness;
how he sware unto the Lord, and vowed unto the God of Jacob.
        I will not go into the tabernacle of my house;
I will not go up into the couch of my bed;
        I will not give sleep to mine eyes, nor slumber to mine eyelids,
nor rest to my temples,
        Until I find out a place for the Lord,
an habitation for the God of Jacob.
        Behold, we heard it in Ephratha;
we found it in the fields of the wood.
        Let us go into His tabernacles;
let us worship at the place where His feet have stood.
        Arise, O Lord, into Thy rest;
Thou, and the ark of Thine holiness.
        Thy priests shall be clothed with righteousness,
and Thy just shall rejoice.
        For Thy servant David's sake
turn not away Thy face from Thine anointed.
        The Lord hath sworn in truth unto David,
and He will not annul it,
        Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne,
        If thy children will keep My covenant and these testimonies
that I shall teach them,
their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.
        For the Lord hath chosen Sion,
He hath chosen it for His habitation.
        This is my rest for ever and ever;
here will I dwell, for I have chosen it.
        I will abundantly bless her provision,
I will satisfy her poor with bread.
        I will clothe her priests with salvation,
and her saints shall rejoice with joy.
        There will I make to spring forth an horn for David;
I have ordained a lamp for Mine anointed.
        His enemies will I clothe with shame,
but upon himself shall My holiness flourish.





I cannot sleep, I will not go into my house
I will not rest until I find the Lord a dwelling place
This I swear unto the Lord: I will make a resting place
We found it there in the fields, the ark of your mercy seat
Come o Lord into your house, let us worship at your feet


Let all your saints sing out for joy and robe your priests with righteousness
For the sake of your messiah do not turn away your face


Upon your throne I will place one of your descendants
I the Lord make this promise to you and I will not change
If your sons keep my statutes their sons will forever reign
I have chosen Jerusalem; there I desire to dwell
Forever my resting place, enthroned to bless forevermore


All her saints will sing out for joy, salvation will enrobe her priests
Messiah reign eternal, with shame clothe his enemies


Remember O Lord the suffering
The trials that your servant had
I will crown a King for David
A shining crown upon his head


No comments:

Post a Comment