Sunday, April 28, 2013

Quiet, Soul - Psalm 130 (131)



PSALM 130 (131)
A song of ascents.


        Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor are mine eyes lofty.
        Neither have I exercised myself in great matters,
or in things too wonderful for me.
        If I had not been humble-minded, but had exalted my soul,
like a child that is weaned from its mother,
so wouldest Thou have requited my soul.
        Let Israel hope in the Lord,
from henceforth, and for ever.





I am still
My soul is quiet
I am safe and satisfied
I've no pride
And I've no worries
For to myself I have died


Quiet, soul
The Father is good
He will take care of you
Hope in God
Now and forever
Let him be your only food



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your recent posts on songs of Ascents. I have been teaching Psalms, and I am teaching on these songs next week.

    ReplyDelete